“Once, Śuka (who was always naked) passed by a group of beautiful women bathing in a lake. Those girls felt no shyness at all! But when his father, Vyāsa came following close behind, they scrambled to cover their bodies. Astonished, Vyāsa asked the ladies to explain their behavior. They said, ‘You see differences between men and women, but your son does not. His eyes are pure.’”
“Once, Śuka …
About Vraja Kishor
Beautiful Tales of the All-Attractive - Volume 1
If you are new to the spiritual drama and philosophy of India, or if you are a seasoned connoisseur, you will delight in the divine love evoked in this enthralling novelization of the Srimad Bhagavatam's first canto.
A Simple Gita
The Bhagavad-Gita - with all its depth and detail - in simple, succinct, straightforward terms.
To Dance in the Downpour of Devotion
A Summary Study of Madhurya-Kadambini, this book provides an inspirational and practical guide to each step along the road from ignorance to bliss. It vividly and enticingly describes each of the 9 progressive stages of developing divine love, prema-bhakti. It is written in clear, simple, no-nonsense English.
27 Stars, 27 Gods
Years and years of research on the real astrological culture of Vedic India - in an exciting, enlivening, and enlightening format.
- When you realize you are going to die…
- The Whole Second Canto in Fifteen Minutes!!!
- Volume 2 NOW AVAILABLE – Bhāgavatam, Beautiful Tales of the All-Attractive
- Was Vāmana immoral?
- New Book: To Dance in the Downpour of Devotion
- Srimad Bhagavatam as an Expansion of Rg Veda
- Within & Beyond this World
- How the Universe Became the Universe (Vedic Proto-Evolution)
- Before the Universe was the Universe
- Creation of the Universe
- Canto 1
- 1.0 Introduction
- 1.01 Questions in the Forest
- 1.02 Answers to the Sages
- 1.03 Incarnations
- 1.04 History of Bhagavatam
- 1.05 How Vyasa Conceived the Bhagavatam
- 1.06 Narada's Life Story
- 1.07 Mahabharata: Setting the Stage for Pariksit's Birth
- 1.08 Prayers of Queen Kunti
- 1.09 – Final Words of Grandfather Bhishma
- 1.10 Krsna Leaves Hastinapura
- 1.11 Krsna Arrives in Dvaraka
- 1.12 Birth of Pariksit
- 1.13a Vidura's Guidence
- 1.13b Narada's Guidence to Yudhisthira
- 1.14 – Krsna's Departure
- 1.15 Pandavas' Departure
- 1.16 Pariksit as an Adult
- 1.17 Pariksit and Kali
- 1.18 Pariksit and Suka
- Canto 1
TopicsAbhimanyu All-Attractive Arjuna Bhagavad Gita Bhagavatam Bhagavata Purana Bhakti Bhakti yoga Bhīṣma Brahma Chaitanya Mahaprabhu Devaki Dharma Draupadi Droṇa Dvārakā five elements Ganges God Godhead Govinda Hari Hastinapur Himalaya Hinduism Human Incarnations India Indra Kali Kali-Yuga Kaliyuga Kapila Krishna Kuntī Kuru Kuru Kingdom Love of God Madhu Mahabharata Meditation Morality Nakula Nārada Parīkṣit Philosopher-King Philosophy Puranas Purusha Pāṇḍava Rama Religion Religion and Spirituality Sanskrit Shiva spirituality Sri Krishna Srimad Bhagavatam supreme person Suta Ugrasena Upanishad Vaishnava Vasudeva Veda Vidura Vishnu Viṣṇu Vyasa Yadu Yoga Yudhisthira yuga Śrī Kṛṣṇa Śuka